Wednesday, August 24, 2011

052. Be able to do a ‘beast skill’

To complete this goal:  Be able to complete at least one of the skills on the website beastskills.com- these are those skills which seem impossible, or "beastly."

The frontrunners for my super beginner status are the handstand and the back lever.  I'd love to be able to do the planche progression, the flag, or the L-seat, but let's take it one step at a time!

Why?  I'm a twin- and people seem to be unable to keep themselves from putting us in opposing boxes.  One of us was the funny one, the other the antisocial one.  The smart one, the dumb one.  And, one of my personal favorites- the strong one, and the weak one.  Guess which I was?  My brother was always the one who people seemed to think capable and fit.  I don't want to feel like the weak, helpless girl that needs to be taken care of, and perhaps this is a superficial way to prove I'm not, but aren't this skills amazing??

No comments: