Wednesday, August 24, 2011

094. Clean out and update all social networking sites

To complete this goal:  Right now I'm on two social networking sites- Facebook and Myspace.  I never did anything with my myspace account, so I would like to just delete it completely.  As for Facebook, update my profile (haven't updated it in at least three years), remove any friends that I'm not actually friends with, update profile picture, and download all tagged photos of me (then untag the unflattering ones).  If I decide to get on Linked In or any sites like that, similarly keep things updated.

Why?  I don't really enjoy social networking sites.  I find that they become a time suck and are emotionally draining in terms of the bs that ends up on there.  However, they come in handy for some things, so I don't want to get rid of them completely.  Making my web presence a more accurate reflection of my real life presence just makes sense.

No comments: